Read more: 6 Things Shy People Can Teach Us About Success
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
1. You won’t die if you wear something two days in a row.
2. You can buy it when you get there.
3. No one cares what you are wearing.
4. What people think of you is really none of your business.Read more:7 Simple Truths about Dressing with Less
Monday, April 21, 2014
Living to be 100. It’s a lofty goal, but one most of us want. It’s seemingly the magic number for a long, prosperous life. But 100 years on the planet is very different than loving life each of those 100 years. Here are 10 habits your should take up now to live to 100.
1. Workout. Be active.
A body in motion stays in motion. A body at rest stays at rest. Stay in motion. Daily. With the vast majority of jobs moving more to the office and less in the field, it’s easy to spend most of your time sitting. Exercise becomes a vital factor in maintaining a healthy, happy life well into the golden years. Learning to play golf and tennis when you’re young can help you stay active when older and offer a great way to stay social for years to come.
2. Love unconditionally.
As you get older, many of the things that you find most appealing today won’t even be a huge part of your life in the future. Your job will consume less of your life, your good looks will fade, and your relationships with family and friends will endure. Make sure you make time for those who you love at every stage of your life. Love your spouse, your children, your friends, and your family unconditionally. Share love. Maintain the bond and hold on to those close to you. Many of the petty problems that can often drive a wedge into families happen when you are younger and more proud. Love unconditionally and you’ll find a loving, caring support system shines through when other things fade.
3. Embrace the changes that age brings.
You will change. From your body to your mind and everything in between, age will conquer. Embrace it. Wrinkles bring with them wisdom and years of memories and stories. Share them. Don’t let the changes rule you, rather make the most of your experience.
4. Eat your veggies.
Eat well, not just as you get older, but in each stage of life. Food is such a vital part of your life, make sure it’s fuel for your body and not damaging. You can’t live to be 100 if you’re not healthy. A healthy diet is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life and maintain it for a long, long time.
5. Sleep. Nap. Stay rested.
Get enough sleep. A well-rested body performs at its best and offers protection against illness and fatigue. You’ll get less stressed and keep wear and tear off your body. Find a sleep pattern that works for you and stay rested. Sleep is vital for recovery. You’ll test your body each and every day. Give it the time it needs to heal properly and it will reward you will a long, healthy life.Read more:10 Habits You Should Take Up To Live To 100
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
Empowerment in the modern world has never been more easy or more difficult, depending on how you view it.
We're now all connected in a truly global way, and though we may have a zillion easy ways to communicate and more access than ever before to incredible information…
... so many of us feel disconnected.
Many clients come to me seeking empowerment — a feeling of fulfillment and having a life of purpose - while they struggle to reconcile that desire with their modern life of hyper-speed everything.
In feng shui, when you live a life largely driven by mental processes - texting, typing, reading, watching, thinking - you have an excess of metal energy. In layman’s terms: you get stuck in your head.
It’s so ironic that so much mental labor can lead you to feel totally out of your mind.
This excess of mental “metal energy” manifests in headaches, loneliness, a feeling of being flighty, anxious or disconnected. At its most chaotic, this metal overload can leave us feeling out of control, flighty, weak, trapped or just generally numb.
Not desirable at all!
We experience life through our senses. People stuck in their head are not present enough to experience most of the sensory world around them.
If you're a "space cadet," you likely need to get grounded. You need more Earth in your life.
Being grounded means being peaceful, connected to the flow of the your life. Grounded people are vibrant, present, engaging, warm and confident.
Simply put: being grounded feels incredible.
Here are some feng shui ways to help you get there!
1. Watch for too much electricity.
If you live close to lots of power lines outside, put lots of plants in your house to absorb the excess electrical energy. Don’t overload outlets with plugs. Properly plug in all appliances. I recently learned that my stove was plugged illegally into an extension cord. I never felt comfortable there. Now that it's grounded, it's my favorite space to be.
2. Try some silence.
Turn your phone off. Close the computer for a siesta. Take some down time or a full day off if you can. Be quiet.
3. Eat more root veggies: beets, carrots, parsnips.
This is a simple way to literally consume more of the Earth’s energy.
4. Visit a forest or some big, local trees.
Lush trees with deep roots are the ultimate in grounded energy. Sit with them. Lean against them. Plant trees where they can be planted. If you are a city dweller living far from the woods, indoor trees in giant pots are incredible, too.Read more: 8 Feng Shui Tips To Keep You Grounded & Empowered
Sunday, April 20, 2014
HARD WORK AND SKILLS WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR. THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ALSO FIND JOY IN WORKING LIFE. IT'S NOT AS DIFFICULT AS IT MAY SEEM. HERE ARE THE TOP HABITS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HAPPY AT WORK.
WHAT THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT WORK
We asked award-winning leadership development expert Anne Mulliner for her tips on how we can start living life at 10 out of 10.Do you ever feel like you're sleepwalking through life? Before you know it, months and months have passed and you've achieved nothing you set out to. If this sounds familiar then don’t worry, you're not alone. Here are 8 ways you can start living your life at 10 out of 10.
1. Be honest with yourself. Unintentionally we can find ourselves living lives that someone else wants for us, we go through the motions out of habit or a belief that it is what we should want (you're not the only one who slaved away at university for a career path they weren't too sure about in the first place or got a mortgage when they really weren't ready), but you need to be honest about what you really want. Then you can start to take action to close the gap.
2. It's okay to not be okay. Life will throw us curve balls at times and that's okay and completely normal. In fact, having the odd low point means we are better able to notice and appreciate the high points. By accepting this as fact, you will notice that you will bounce back from any setbacks faster.
3. Failing isn’t an option. One of the things that make people most unhappy is having experiences that don’t work out the way they think they would and so they label it as a failure. But don't think of it as a failure, think of it as research. That's right. If something didn’t work out as planned, change something and try again. So list out all the things that you believe are failures in your life for one last time and when you look at the list tell yourself it was all research and you are free to try again, but do something different until you find the right combination for you.
4. Maximize your personal brand. It is really easy when you are feeling a bit down to take less care of your personal image, but if you want to show up at 10 out of 10 – even if you are only at an 8 – you need to dress like someone who is 10 out of 10.
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/546189/are-you-living-life-at-10-out-of-10-probably-not-but-here-s-how-you-can.html#KH5SwTSqM2TLIKep.99
Saturday, April 19, 2014
25 Inspirational Personal Development Quotes
Read more: 25 Inspirational Quotes From Great Personal Development Authors