Monday, December 31, 2007
The Five C's of Decision Making
In his book "How to be a better Decision Maker" Alan Barker mentions that one of the managerial skills is to make good decisions. The 5 C's of decision making is a basic decision making process among many managers:
1. Considering:Identifying, exploring and eliminating the alternatives.
2. Consulting: Getting those people who are affected to be involved. Consulting is part of considering.
3. Committing: Taking responsibility for the decision.
4. Communicating: Explaining your decision and implementing the decision by committing others to it.
5. Checking: Following through to make sure the decision actually works