Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Office Feng Shui - 5 Great Tips
While you are working smart to be a better executive and making yourself more valued at the workplace you should enlist the help of Feng Shui to enhance your career success.
Here are 5 great Feng Shui tips to make your career advancement smooth sailing:
1. Your sitting position: Make sure you are sitting away from the main door and yet you have a commanding view of it. It is important that there is a wall behind you to give you solid support. When there is emptiness behind, your position in the office will be vulnerable. Avoid sharp object pointing towards you.
2. Avoid sitting under an exposed beam: You will be working under pressure if there is a structural beam above where you are working. One way to overcome the situation is to renovate the ceiling so that it is flat
3. Do put a plant on your table: Plants purify the air and add vitality to the workplace. Plants encourage luck and are able to counteract sha qi (煞气). A plant on your table is also able to boost you creativity. Research has shown that you will be happier when there is greenery on your table.
4. Avoid clutter: Your workplace should be well organized. Maintain a good filing system. Get rid of all unnecessary items on your table. Clutter will attract negative energy to the office.
5. The office environment: Decorate the office tastefully and use non-glare and comfortable lighting so that you can work calmly. A pleasant environment attracts the flow of positive qi.