Tuesday, April 7, 2009
7 Characteristics of Happy People
What do happy people do? You can follow their footsteps and be happy too:
• Kind People: For those who are always do random acts of kindness are happy people. They are passionate and they have confidence in themselves because they are capable of helping others who are less fortunate. According to James M. Barrie, “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
• Physically active people: Regular physical activities increase a person’s sense of well-being so that he is not easily succumbed to disappointments and frustrations. When you exercise regularly you are better equipped to withstand the nervous strain of life.
• Busy people: Busy people are happy people. Those people with most leisure are more likely to suffer from negative feelings of boredom and dissatisfaction.
• Clever people: Investigation reveals that those with high IQ’s are generally happier than those who are less intelligent. Intelligent people find more to occupy their minds. The less intelligent are more likely to suffer from boredom.
• Decisive people: Indecision produces unhappiness. It is because the inability to make up one's mind produces anxiety and frustration – negative emotions lead to unhappiness.
• Connected People: Happy people are those who are well-connected. They maintain a cordial and committed relationship with their partner at home and they have mutual friends for support. They are happy in the company of their friends and relatives. A new Cornell University study finds people in relationships are generally happier then other people.
• Contented people: They live within their means and they are happy to enjoy what they have. There is a Chinese saying,”When you are contented, you are always happy.” – 知足常乐 (zhi zu chang le) And Socrates says,” He who is not contented with what he has would not be contented with what he would like to have.”
The easiest way to be happy is to follow those decisive people: Just decide to be happy by changing your negative thoughts to positive thoughts and you will be happy as a lark.
Have a happy day every day!
Charles Chua C K's Smashwords Author Profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/charleschuac