Saturday, July 11, 2009
7 Tips to Gain Followers at Twitter
Twitter is a fun place to be. This is a great spot to get to know more people and to check out for breaking news. The other wonderful thing is to be followed and follow and to get followers. Here are the top 7 tips to get more followers:
1. Username: The best username is to use you own name. As an example, this is my username: charleschuack. Try not to use numbers and underscores
2. Bio: Use an elevator pitch to describe yourself. What do you do? Mention your interest and passion in as few words as possible. As an example, this is my elevator pitch: A husband and a father of two. Article writer and a blogger with a niche blog (self improvement).
3. Image: If there is nothing for you to hide, it is good to include your photo to show your sincerity of making connection
4. Websites: Be sure to list your websites so that from your profile page people can click and go to your sites.
5. Tweets: This is very important. What I usually do is that I use Ping.fm to post and bookmark my articles on a daily basis. From my personal experience people are interested to find out what you have to say. Your articles will attract their attention. I get most of my followers because they find my articles interesting.
6. Look for people to follow: Go to “Search” and key in a topic relating to your niche or interest. As an example my niche is ‘self-improvement”. Twitter will return real-time results with people talking about self-improvement. From the results I can select people to follow and to be connected.
7. Be followed and follow: When people follow you, it is polite that you follow back. However I will not follow people with very little information on their profile page. There are no bio, image and not much tweets
Twitter, by far, is the most interesting social networking site on the Net.