Just as I have taken delivery of my new Persona, Proton has come up with their latest version officially known as Proton Persona Elegance. It has done a facelift to the existing model with extra features. I realize that marketing is about innovation and creativity in order to attract more customers and sustain their market leadership.
According to David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue, “Innovation is trying to figure out a way to do something better than it’s ever been done before.” It echoes well with Thomas Edison’s mantra of “There’s a way to do it better-find it.”
How can you be innovative and creative? Here are the top tips:
1. Creative mindset: Every time when you do something always ask yourself, “How can I do it better?” You get new ideas to do things more efficiently and effectively.
2. Learning: Open your mind to new ideas and developments. You need to learn from others in order to be creative.
3. Out of comfort zone: Don’t be too comfortable with your present situation. Always challenge yourself to make further improvement.
4. Kaizen: This is the Japanese way of saying continuous improvement. This motto serves them well. Japan is the market leader in many things especially electronic products and motor vehicles (getting them into trouble as well). You can learn a lot from the Japanese.
5. Make it simple: Making improvement is making it simple and not more complicated. When it is simple, it is easy to work and faster to get things done.
6. Inquisitive: Are you very interested in learning about many different things? It is one sure way to be creative and innovative.
7. Curiosity: Have you got a strong desire to know about something and get to the bottom of it? Be alert and sensitive to the things that are taking place around you.
Be innovative and creative for a better life tomorrow