Friday, April 30, 2010
10 Tips for a Simple and Peaceful Life
1. Daily exercise: I enjoy jogging and I get into a state of serenity and quietness in my mind. In addition, I can concentrate and I feel the energy in me
2. Daily peaceful moment for your mind: These daily moments can be achieved by doing Tai Chi or yoga. I do tai chi every morning to start a new day right. This is a form of meditation in motion. It relaxes your mind while you are doing the exercise and you think of nothing else but just the smooth and graceful movements. The result is a peaceful and energetic mind and a feeling of tranquility in you.
3. Mindful: Think not of worries and regrets but just live the moment. Pay attention to what you do and enjoy it. Train your mind to pay attention even in simple tasks like taking a shower, shaving and dressing up. Happiness is living the moment.
4. Resist the urge to have more: Don’t fill your mind with your wants for more material things. Don’t let it disturb your peace of mind. Learn to enjoy and find contentment in what you have.
5. Less paper work: One useful way is to automate your monthly payments for utility and other recurring bills. Make arrangement with your bank or credit card company to issue just one cheque to make payment for all.
6. Do only what is meaningful and important to you: Prioritize your to-do list and do only a few important tasks for the day. Avoid trying to do more is to avoid getting yourself under stress.
7. One task at a time: Don’t complicate the mind. Let it concentrate on one task at a time. Doing too many things at the same time is taxing the mind and applying pressure on yourself. Take breaks between tasks to clear clutter in your mind
8. Go slow: There is no need to rush about, just plan your work and work your plan. Reduce your speed when you are driving. Eat slowly and enjoy your food. Take your time to appreciate and marvel nature.
9. Positive emotions: The best way to have peace of mind is to think of positive thoughts such as kindness, love, forgiveness, appreciation, and thankfulness instead of anger, resentment and bitterness.
10. Sleep well: This is one powerful way to enjoy peace of mind. A good night’s sleep allows your mind to be at ease, relaxed and be zestful.
You get a feeling of well-being from a simple and peaceful life