Thursday, April 8, 2010
How to Live a Fuller Life
1. Be an early riser: Wake up early to experience the quietness and the cool air at dawn. If you have not planned for the day, it is the best time to do it. Getting up early means you have more time at your disposal and you don’t have to do things in a hurry to get yourself into a stressful situation.
2. Enjoy your breakfast: You need to regain your energy after fasting for a night. Take a nutritious breakfast to provide the energy you need to start a new day.
3. Smile: Smile at yourself in the mirror and everyone you meet. You make others and yourself happy. Happiness is from the heart. Bring happiness to others and yourself.
4. Be mindful: Just concentrate on doing what you need to do, be focus. Don’t allow your mind to be cluttered with past regrets and future worries.
5. Work less: Prioritize your to-do list and do just a few important tasks for the day, Work smart by taking breaks and don’t work back-to-back from one task to another.
6. Self-esteem: Appreciate yourself and love yourself as what you are. Accept your strengths and weaknesses. Be happy with yourself every day.
7. Meditate: Do Yoga or Tai Chi to relax and unwind. Know how to handle stress is essential for your well-being.
8. Go slow: When you have planned your day you work accordingly and there is no need to rush about. When you eat, eat slowly to chew each mouthful to savor the food. Admire nature by looking, observing and appreciating the blooming flowers in your garden or the pot of greenery on your desk. Let your pet cat purr away on your lap.
9. Exercise: Daily physical exercise keeps your mind fresh and alert. You feel energetic and you are ready to act.
10. Chit-chat with your family members: Catch up with your children about their activities in schools. Share your thoughts with your spouse. Talk about anything under the sun.
11. Learn something new: Be curious, be inquisitive and behave like a child and learn something new every day to enrich your life.
12. Don’t hold grudges: Be calm, collected and be in peace of mind. Don’t hurt yourself with bitterness, anger and resentment. Just forgive and forget.
13. Positive emotions: One way to live with less regrets is to fill your mind with positive thoughts. Be cheerful, feel energetic and work zealously. .
14. Keep your promises: Every day you do your best at work and deliver what you have committed. At home you do what you have promised your children and you also do your daily task relating to your goals. When you go to bed you know it has been a great day.
15. Pamper yourself: It has been a hard day at work. It’s time to do your favorite things. Listen to classical music to delight your mind, have a cup of ice-cream, go for a massage or just be alone doing nothing.
Life is a journey. Make the journey a joyful and interesting one by living each day fully.