Friday, May 14, 2010
7 Soul-Searching Questions to Ask Yourself
Living with life is a balancing act, you need to manage yourself, look after the family, get along well with others and face reality all at the same time. The following questions will search your heart so that you are aware of the things that you have done well and some of the things that are missing in your life.
1. Have I taken care of my health and well-being? Are you spending your leisure time drinking at the pub instead following an exercise program to keep fit and be healthy? Don’t allow your body to be out of shape, start today to move your body more often.
2. Am I happy with my performance at work? Are you doing your best? Have you thought of better ways of doing things so that you are more effective and efficient? Get out of your comfort zone and try new things
3. Have I manage my personal finance well? Are you keeping your spending within your budget? Have you set aside an amount each month for rainy days? Did you sign your credit card because you just want to have something? The most important thing is not to get into debt because getting out of it will not be easy.
4. Have I spent quality time with my spouse and children? When was the last time the whole family went out together? Have you spent time just to talk to your children about their school and find out how they are coping? Did you do the washing up and take out the trash? Don’t glue to the TV, do something at home.
5. Have I contacted my friends and made new friends lately? This is to find out whether you have expanded your circle of friends. New friends give you new ideas. Stay in touch with your old friends, don’t’ just go to them only when you have to.
6. When was the last time I read a book? Are you updating yourself by continuous learning? Life is a constant change and we have to keep abreast of the latest developments to stay ahead
7. What have I done so far to reach my goals? Are you keeping your goals in view? Have you worked on your daily tasks leading to your life goals? The daily tasks are important so that you will achieve your weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
These 7 questions are to jolt your mind so that you can review your current situation and take necessary remedial action right away