Thursday, June 10, 2010
10 Tips to Live a Balanced and Productive Life
According to a news item in the New Straits Times on June 7, 2010, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, the Malaysian Prime Minister’s wife, says that women must be willing to undergo a mindset change and have a positive attitude in striking a balance between their career and attending to their families. How do your go about getting a productive and balanced life? Productivity is about effective and efficient use of time doing the right things to achieve the desired results. A balanced life is about getting things done at the workplace, and rest, exercise and enjoying home life. Here are the ten top tips:
1. You decide your life: Don’t follow the lifestyle of other people. Lead the life you want and you believe in. Set your own goals and follow your dreams and don’t let others dictate your future.
2. Work smart: Work your plan and concentrate on the few important tasks of the day. Delegate the rest and remember to take breaks between tasks.
3. Don’t do overtime: Don’t be a workaholic at the expense of your family life. Working overtime is a sign that you are not effective in planning your day well, and you have to do overtime to finish your tasks.
4. Do it now: Don’t postpone and don’t procrastinate for things which can be done right away. Just do it.
5. Brand yourself: Build and promote yourself. What are you good at? What are the things that you can do better than others? Hone your expertise and develop yourself into a trusted brand in your field of expertise.
6. Get in touch: Connect with your network of associates from time to time to keep in touch. Say hello to them and find out how they are doing. Don’t call them only when you need help.
7. Work on your long-term goals: Every day you work on the tasks relating to your long- term goals. As an example I aspire to blog full-time and every day I write and post one article.
8. Make time for exercise: Don’t neglect your health and fitness. Devote 30 minutes every day to exercise your body.
9. Enjoy a happy home life: It is homeward bound after work. Make home life productive by helping in household chores like doing the washing-up, taking out the trash and watering the plants. Talk to your spouse and children. Invest time to read and learn. It is a good example for your children to follow too.
10. Plan ahead: Evening is the best time to plan for the things to do on the following day. Efficient planning means a smooth working day without rushing about and getting stressful.
A balanced life is a happy and successful life because you are able to get involved deeply in those things that are important to you in your life
A Balanced Life
Charles Chua C K's Smashwords Author Profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/charleschuac