Virtue is about a particular good quality or habit. What are the virtues to acquire and bring you success in life? I can think of the following:
1. Honesty: Today the bywords are openness and transparency. It is about truthfulness. As in auditing, the only accepted standard has to be able to reflect a true and view of the affairs of the company. Honesty creates trust. Honesty gives you a clear conscience.
2. Self-control: Knowing and managing your emotions is the way to manage yourself well. Avoid outburst of anger and resentment. Be cheerful and happy while dealing with others. Project a pleasant image so that you are likable.
3. Patience: We all want to get things done instantly and we all want instant gratification. However, success in life does not come easy; it involves hard work for a long period of time. Be cool, calm and collected.
4. Resilience: Life is not smooth sailing all the way. It is paved with defeats, setbacks and problems. The most important thing is not to be disheartened when you do not meet success. You may fall, but you bounce back and go on but wiser.
5. Empathetic: The ability to consider the feelings of others will be very much appreciated by those around you. You can get things done easily with the cooperation of others.
6. Cheerfulness: You feel good about yourself and you go about your day in a delightful way. A smiling face is a welcome sign by others and people are willing to approach you because you make others happy too.
7. Concentration: The only way to get things done is to be mindful working on one task at a time. It is less stressful than doing too many things at the same time.
8. Persistence: It is about not giving up easily. You carry on until you get what you want. You have to go all the way and leave no stones unturned to achieve your long-term goals.
9. Hard working: It is the opposite of laziness. It is about taking action to get things done. You may know what to do, but if you don’t act, nothing will happen.
10. Positive mental attitude: It is your positive thoughts that make things happen. When you are confident of yourself, you are not discouraged by obstacles. You will be resourceful and creative to solve problems.
It is a long and winding road in the journey of life. These personal traits will complement your determination to get what you want in life successfully.
5 Traits You HAVE To Develop If You're Ever Gonna Be Successful