Friday, June 18, 2010
Getting Peace of Mind -10 Things You Don’t Do
Peace of mind is about spiritual well-being. It is in addition to physical and mental fitness. Here are 10 things you should avoid to get peace of mind:
1. Don’t hold grudges: Don’t get angry with what others have done wrong to you. Forgive and forget. Do not think of getting even to upset your peace of mind. Thinking of taking revenge will only hurt you more and nobody else.
2. Don’t get angry with yourself: You, like everyone else on earth, are not perfect. Don’t blame or curse yourself for not doing the right thing from time to time. To err is human. Don’t criticize yourself but love yourself as what you are with all your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Don’t be greedy: Stop wanting more in life. The only thing your can accumulate for getting materialistic is debt. Can you be at peace when people are after you for money? Can you sleep soundly at night?
4. Don’t dwell on the past: You have missed a golden opportunity to make an investment. You have committed a blunder. Do not regret but just be wiser and move on in life. There is nothing you can do about the past
5. Don’t worry about the future: The only way to face the challenges of the future is to prepare for it superbly well now. Do the best you can to shape the outcome of the future. You will reap what you have sown.
6. Don’t envy: Don’t be jealous of other people’s success or material wealth.
Don’t upset yourself, just live within your means. One of the components of financial freedom is debt-free. Don’t get into debt by getting things you want.
7. Don’t get into negative emotions: Make it a habit to get up and greet a new day with cheerfulness. Smile and greet people you meet to uplift their mood. You make others happy and yourself too.
8. Don’t get overwhelmed: Don’t get emotionally disturbed in situations where you do not know how to react, such as having too much work to do. Don’t get stressful, organize your day well. Get things done by doing one task at a time with full concentration. Take breaks between tasks and be cool, calm and collected
9. Don’t get frustrated: Don’t feel annoyed and impatient for not getting what you want out of life. Set SMART goals and take the first step towards your dreams
10. Don’t feel neglected: Don’t wait for others to pay attention to you, it will not come. .Instead, go to them and show your interest in them. Others will be delighted by your care and concern and in return they will show their interest in you.
Getting peace of mind is getting contentment in life
Peace of Mind: Daily Meditations for Easing Stress
Charles Chua C K's Smashwords Author Profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/charleschuac