Friday, July 2, 2010
Instant Happiness in 10 Things You Do Every Day
You can be happy every day. Your happiness is within your reach. Change your thinking and your attitude and you will be happy. Let’s take a look at the 10 things:
1. Think: You can think of happiness or misery. Don’t make it a lousy day by thinking of your past regrets or blunders. Yes, you may encounter problems in your daily life, but, again, you can choose to find solutions rather than dwell on the problems. Think of your contribution and achievements and look forward to living hopefully. The most important thing is to think positively; think of gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation.
2. Feel: Feeling good about yourself is the best thing you can do to yourself. You can start a new day on a happy note by looking at yourself in the mirror with a broad smile. Thinking of happy thoughts and feeling cheerfully and delightfully are the way to go.
3. Mind: Avoid or reduce stress in your daily life. Do Tai Chi or yoga to promote peacefulness and calmness in your mind. Let your mind free from clutter and confusion.
4. Exercise: Health and fitness promote happiness. Daily aerobic exercise increases oxygen supply to your brain. You will develop peace of mind and alertness.
5. Sleep: A good night’s sleep helps to restore your energy and make you feel fresh and zestful. Your mind is sharp and you are upbeat and in high spirits about yourself.
6. Breath: Do daily breathing exercise slowly and deeply instead of fast and shallow breathing. You will find tranquility in you and you will get a sense of detachment. It means you are not easily disturbed by external negative influences. You are cool, calm and collected in all situations.
7. Eat: Enjoy yourself while eating. Use all your senses to indulge and savor the food. Don’t watch TV or do anything else. Look at the food, feel it in your fingers (remember, it’s finger-licking good), smile it, taste it and chew it slowly in your mouth. It is yummy.
8. Work: The saddest thing in life is about not enjoying your work because you spend a big chunk of your time at work. Find happiness in your work or look for something else you enjoy doing every day.
9. Home: Are you eager to go home or you prefer to stay outside after work? Home is your refuge, you should find peace and happiness at home. Take the C.H.A.R.M.S and F.A.M.AL.Y ways to create a harmonious and happy home life.
10. Be optimistic: Look at things on the bright side because every cloud has a silver lining. Most of the time your worries are unfounded. Every time you encounter a problem you deal with it promptly and it becomes smaller.
If you do not find happiness in what you do every day, where else can you get it? If you are thinking of some happenings in the distant future to be happy, you may not get it at all. The best thing to do is to live the moment, enjoy the moment and cherish your happiness.
Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill