Monday, August 2, 2010
7 Reasons to Get Rid of Your Alarm Clock
1. An alarm clock: When you use an alarm clock, it means you are not ready to wake up; you need more sleep if you can. However, you have to get up and go to work. You wake up and get up rather reluctantly every morning.
2. Rude awakening: It is the worst way to be rudely awakened by the sound of an alarm clock. It is annoying and irritating and the noise puts you off even before you get up to start a brand new day.
3. Natural way to wake up: Listen to the natural sound in the morning to wake you up. .As an example, listen to the wake up call of the roosters, the sound of the chirping birds or notice the first ray of light breaking into your window. It is a pleasant, natural, soothing and encouraging way to wake up in the morning. Don’t wake up to the artificial noise of an alarm clock.
4. Follow the rhythm of your body: There is a rhythm of work and rest going on in your body system, follow the rhythm, don’t force yourself to work further when your body has already signaled you to take rest. You will ruin your health this way. You will also wake up naturally when your body tells you to do so.
5. Sleep early and wake up early: The best thing in life is to sleep early and get up early. Early risers have many wonderful benefits.
6. Hopeful: You will wake up willingly when you are optimistic about life and full of hope.
7. Something you look forward to do: Another good reason that you will wake up energetically to jump start a new day is that you look forward to engage in work that you are passionate about and interested in. According to an article in the August 2009 issue of the Reader’s Digest, The Digg Idea, it is mentioned that for two months after he launched digg.com, Kevin Rose didn’t need an alarm clock. “By 6am, I was up and on the computer,” he recalls,” It was the sheer fear of not knowing what was on my own home page.”
I don’t use an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning. I wake up but I don’t get up immediately. I prepare myself in a positive frame of mind before I get up. Do you think you can wake up without an alarm clock? Give it a try.