David Leonhardt, The Happy Guy
Daily life can be happy and enjoyable Happiness is the by-product of what you do every day and what you make out of it. Do the following to get more happiness out of your daily life:
1. Do exercise: This is one thing you can do every day to get rid of depression and inertia. Physical activities promote good feeling inside you and provide you with the energy and the mental calmness to live life energetically. Good health and physical fitness promote happiness.
2. Enjoy your work: You may not be working but you must enjoy what you do every day. Do something you are deeply interested in and you are good at. The process of doing something you truly enjoy will vibrate fulfillment, satisfaction and a sense of achievement in you.
3. Harmony at home: A happy home life will bring about a delightful feeling and peacefulness into other areas of you life. You are at peace of mind in whatever you do when you are away from home
4. Live within your means: Happiness is free from debt. Living within your means and wanting less in life by thinking less are the ways to attain financial freedom and care-free living.
5. Keep on learning: Life is more thrilling and exciting when you are always curious and keen to learn new things and want to know more. The process of learning stimulates the mind and keeps your brain alert. The more you know the more you will be able to make changes and do things more efficiently. Thanks to advancements in technology.
6. Live in the moment: Focus and pay attention to what you do at the moment. Don’t allow your mind to worry about the future and think of past regrets. Happiness is living in the moment and getting meaning out of what you do.
7. Get connected: Friendship, like wine, mellow as it ages but don’t forget to explore for new acquaintances. Happiness is getting people who are willing to share your journey in life in good time and bad time.
8. Think positive: Be enthusiastic, cheerful and feel the energy inside you. Get up early and welcome a new day with eagerness like a child. Life is full of hope when you expect good things to happen.
9. Be organized: An organized life means less stress and more productive in getting more things done smoothly in less time. Happiness is the satisfaction of crossing out the to-do list.
10. Less clutter: Less things at home or in the office means more spacious living environment and it promotes the flow of positive energy and brings you more calmness, peacefulness and happiness in life.
Happiness... is not a destination: it is a manner of traveling. Happiness is not an end in itself. It is a by-product of working, playing, loving and living.
Wish you more happiness today and every day.