Mindfulness is about consciousness in knowing what you are doing at the moment. It means your mind is on the job at hand and you are not thinking of something else. How do you promote mindfulness?
- Solve your problems: One of the major obstacles in getting mindfulness is unsolved problems. You may be working on something but your mind is thinking about some outstanding problems. Problems disturb your peace of mind, do the best you can to overcome them and free your mind so that you can regain your mindfulness.
- Daily exercise: Daily exercise such as jogging gives you more than just physical health. You feel good about yourself and you also get the energy and calmness.
- Sleep well: Lack of sleep is irritable. There will be a lack of energy and concentration and focus is curtailed.
- Be interested in the things that you do: The easiest way to be mindful and without knowing the passage of time is to do things you are interested. You will be fully engaged or in a state of flow.
- Be organized: Advance planning is the only way to get organized. A to-do list is a wonderful tool just for that. Things get done smoothly without you worrying about not able to finish all tasks on time.
- Daily meditation: This is the way to cultivate mindfulness and peace of mind. Daily meditation promotes your ability to stay present. You will be composed and relaxed to work under demanding situations.
- Do one thing at a time: Doing more than one thing at a time is counter-productive, stressful and defeat mindfulness.
- Take breaks: Taking breaks is to clear clutter in your mind and refresh you brain so that you can continue to work with renewed energy and mindfulness.
- Conducive environment: Avoid disturbances and interruptions to interfere with your mindfulness when you are at work.
Be mindful and be happy every moment.