You may have retired from work but you are not going to retire from life. In fact you don’t retire at all. There are many ways to live life fully. Here are some wonderful things that you can do:
- Continue to work: If the work has brought you happiness, why not continue to work or rather enjoy doing the things that you are interested in and good at. Holding a job gives you pride, self-respect and confidence in life.
- Be a consultant: Previously you worked for others. Now you work for yourself. Be a consultant and enjoy the freedom that you have not enjoyed before. Utilize your expertise, experience and knowledge and offer your services. Work at your own pace and charge the fee that you think fit. Work when you feel like it.
- Take up a hobby: To spend time meaningfully, take up a hobby that gives you pleasure. Something you wanted to do but you didn’t have time before. Hobbies like gardening or stamp collection.
- Community Services: It is another great way to be productive. You can teach adult classes about language or subjects such as marketing or business management that you are good at. You can also offer services to voluntary organizations.
- Start a blog: It is challenging to start a blog and share your wisdom on the Net. Write articles relating to your work experience to offer solutions to working problems. While you write and post articles you also generate earnings from Adsense.
- Going places: This is also a good time to go places that you have not been before. Broaden your outlook and learn the way of life of other people in far away countries.
- Be creative: You can stimulate your mind by being artistic in leaning about pottery, carpentry or a musical instrument
The most important thing in life is to avoid emptiness but to do things that you are passionate about and live life fully, meaningfully and happily.
How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won't Get from Your Financial Advisor