You turn on the music and you decide to listen to some uplifting and happy songs. Life operates the same way, you decide on the outset to be happy or gloomy. When your mind is focused on happiness you will find that you will react to all things positively. In other words you look at the bright side of things. How can you be happy here and now? Here are some suggestions:
1. Happiness is not in the future: The trouble with getting happiness in the future is that when the time has finally arrived, you habitually postpone your happiness to another future date or the happiness situation you have envisaged does not exist. Don’t regret about the past that you have not been happy, just be happy now.
2. Free from the past: Do not allow your mind to associate past unhappiness with the present moment. It is a new beginning. Start a new day with a new you and think of happy thoughts.
3. Solve problems: Life is full of problems. The most important thing is not to dwell on a problem, but to look for solutions. The fact is that when you face a problem squarely and promptly, it becomes smaller and easier to deal with. Outstanding problems rob you of your happiness now.
4. Stop worrying about the future: You can’t live in the future, but you can do the best you can to shape a positive outcome in the future. Set goals, plan and organize ahead and do the daily activities relating to your objectives. The future is now and it is the only time in your life you have the power to act.
5. Happy memory: When was the last time you really had a good time. Can you recreate the same situation to the present moment and be happy?
6. Be inspired: Read motivational quotes and articles to uplift your mood and stay cheerful. Be associated with happy people so that you are also influenced delightfully.
7. Find enjoyment in what you do: When the things that you do are meaningful to you and you are interested in, the activity is a joy and a fun thing to you. You will be mindful and be in the flow in whatever you do and think of nothing else.
Be happy here and now so that you will cherish every happy moment that you have lived without regret.