You are motivated by something you want in life because you think it is attainable and achievable. How do you keep the fire burning inside you to stay motivated? Here are some suggestions.
- Thoughts: Thoughts are powerful. Your beliefs, your attitude and your feelings are what you think. When you think positively you direct your energy and effort for worthwhile causes.
- Create a vision and live it up: It starts with an idea that you have conceived and you imagine what you will see in the future with a grand plan. You set goals and you have a direction in life. You are motivated when life is meaningful and hopeful
- Plan: Put in writing your long-term goals and short-term goals. Plan your monthly, weekly and daily tasks. When you can see clearly your action plan to reach your goals, you stay motivated.
- Take action: Planning your work is good but working your plan is even more important to realize your goals. Avoid procrastination and take immediate action. Just focus and get into the process of doing it one step at a time without thinking of the future. Taking action is motivation by itself.
- Focus: Be productive and avoid doing tasks which are not relating to your goals. In a way this is to simplify your life to do less but getting more done. A to-do list is an effective way to prioritize your work for the day. You are not overwhelmed or under stress and you stay motivated.
- Making progress: Monitor and assess your performance at regular intervals. When you are making progress, you know what you have done is working. You will be happy to carry on because you are motivated by what you have achieved.
7 Energy: Your energy is an important factor to fortify your willpower and the determination to keep going on despite setbacks and hardship along the way. Exercise regularly to keep fit, have your breakfast and sleep sufficiently to renew your energy. Be wise to take breaks to relieve stress.
8 Stay positive: When you wake up, you get up with a positive frame of mind. Think of the .things to do for the day to bring you closer to your aims and objectives. Be upbeat and be confident to stay motivated
9 Keep your eye on the prize: Have you got your goals in writing so that you can see and look at it conspicuously every day? Look at the big picture every now and then and be motivated by the fruits of your success
10 Creative: While one of the components of vision is to plan intelligently for the future, creativity is the way to do it with a difference. Be motivated to get things done and get ahead of others by your unique and original ideas.
|~ Andrew Carnegie |