Wednesday, June 1, 2011
10 Wonderful Ways to be Appreciative
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
Most of the time you think more of those things that you do not have and take for granted for those things that you have. You are not happy or satisfied because what you have is not treasured or appreciated. Be appreciative and be happy.
1. Be grateful: Show appreciation for what others have done for you. Extend courtesy to those who provide services to you by saying simple words like thank you and please.
Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart. ~Henry Clay
2. Appreciate yourself: You have a job, a happy family, a roof over your head and food is being served on the table for every meal. These are the most wonderful things in life to be thankful for. However, most of the time it is taken for granted and only regretted when you are unemployed, separated from your love ones or without a home or food. Vibrate gratitude before going to bed; think more of what you have instead of what you don’t have.
It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship. ~Norman Vincent Peale
3. Express positively: Focus on the good of others and think of positive words to say and pay compliment.
Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. ~ Margaret Cousins
4. Energy: Be appreciative of your alertness and enthusiasm. Being energetic is the way to enjoy and live life. You like what you do and there is never a dull moment.
5. Health: There is nothing more valuable than good health. Health equals freedom. You enjoy what you do freely every day. Health is taken for grated because you feel no pain or aches. When you truly appreciate it only when it is too late.
6. Relationships: To be appreciative is to take an active interest in the people around you. The right way to appreciate is to pay more attention to their strengths rather than their weaknesses. Just think of the fact that you are not perfect too.
It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs. ~Confucius
The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. ~William James
7. Work: I am very grateful for holding a job because I am already in my retirement age. I am grateful to God that my services are still valued and appreciated. Are you thankful that you are gainfully employed?
8. Success: Be appreciative of what you have done successfully in life. Be motivated by what you have achieved and continue to do even better.
9. Happiness: There have been so many books and articles written about getting happiness. It shows that many people in this world are unhappy. Cherish your happy mood and appreciate your good feeling inside out because happiness is a positive attitude.
10. Live in the moment: To live in the moment is to appreciate the present, the only time in your life to breathe, to feel and do what you want to do.
The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them. ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation