Saturday, August 27, 2011
10 Benefits of a Part-Time Job during Semester Breaks
1. Learn how a department relates to the operation of a company: My son is studying IT. He can work in the IT department in one of the industries such as a hotel in the hospitality industry. He will learn the connection between his particular department with all other departments. Taking note that it is essential for all departments to work closely on a common interest in order to run an operation successfully.
2. Get to know more about your future job: You will get to know and learn the nitty-gritty of working in an IT department. Get to know the structure of a department and know who is reporting to whom.
3. Expose yourself to the real world: Get the feel of the job. Are you happy with the environment? Can you adjust yourself to suit the place?
4. Learn to communicate effectively: This is the place to develop your communication skills. Can you express yourself clearly? Can you understand messages and take orders?
5. Learn more about the technical aspect of the job: Find out what you have learnt and what is actually being done. Do you see the differences? Why?
6. Looking at things from a business perspective: Learn to think and work like a business person. What is the best approach to get something done? It has to be efficient and effective in order to be productive.
7. Polish the usage of English: It is also an excellent opportunity for those whose mother tongue is not English and to find out more about how English is being used in business.
8. Gain valuable experience: Prospective employers always ask the same question: Do you have the experience to do the job? Working part-time is an effective way to gain real world experience.
9. Get a testimonial for your future career: Learn the job well and do your best to gain the appreciation of your employer. You will get a good reference letter from him. It is invaluable when you start to build your career in future.
10. Earn some money; Why not earn your own way and lessen the financial burden of your parents? It is thrilling that you can work and earn some pocket money.
A part-time job is an effective way to prepare for your future.