Wednesday, August 17, 2011
5 Ways to Achieve Greatness
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. ~William Shakespeare
Successful and famous people are remembered for what they do for mankind. Here are some of them: Thomas Edison, Mother Teresa, Bill Gates, Helen Keller, Shakespeare, Beethoven, Alexander Graham Bell, Napoleon, George Washington, Columbus, Albert Einstein, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln and Louis Pasteur.
Do not worry about what you can do. You can do something in your own way to attain greatness. Here are the ways to do it:
1. Think possible: You are limited by what you think you can do. You never know what you can do until you do it. Don’t give excuses to yourself. Be positive and go ahead and do it.
2. Think big and aim high: Be ambitious and break out of your comfort zone. Go to uncharted territory. Go beyond what you can do to achieve greatness. Set a big goal and go for it.
3. Be clear: What can you do to contribute to society? What do you want others to remember you by? Think of something you want to do and it is meaningful to you and useful to others.
4. Be passionate be enthusiastic: Enjoy what you do and response to events positively. Accept setbacks and failures as challenges. Be Focused. Do your work every day and be down-to-earth. Do what you should do and do not think of what you can get. When you give your best, the rest will take care of itself.
5. Perseverance: Achieving greatness is a continuous journey in life. There is no destination. Working consistently and persistently is the way to go. It is about working hard and working smart over a long period of time.
To achieve greatness is to reach your highest potential.
Charles Chua C K's Smashwords Author Profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/charleschuac