Here are ten quotes that get you true and lasting happiness:
1. The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.
James M. Barrie
James M. Barrie
You may not like everything that you do, but you can develop an interest in it. When you take responsibility and are proud of what you do, you will be happy.
Happiness is taking action, working your plan, getting things done and achieving your goals.
3. Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.
When your thinking is positive, you will be happy because you are confident, looking at things optimistically and facing challenges in life resolutely.
4. Happiness doesn’t depend on what we have, but it does depend on how we feel towards what we have. We can be happy with little and miserable with much.
W. D. Hoard
W. D. Hoard
Live you own life, don’t compare with other. Enjoy and be contented with what you have. Happiness is a state of mind.
5. Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
You don’t pursue happiness directly. It is what you think, what you do and how you get things thing done and how you feel when you are doing a task. When your thinking is right and you get the right thing done at the right time, you will be happy
6. There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
You find happiness in what you do. It is the activity of enjoying what you do to get you what you want in life. It is the journey that counts.
7. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
Happiness is a balanced life. It is living an orderly life in harmony with the nature between day and night and rest and work.
8. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Happiness is living fully here and now. Don’t postpone your happiness to a future date. The time may not come and you may not be there. When you are there, mostly likely you will postpone your happiness to anther future date. You will never be happy.
9. To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy . . . is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be sure to get up with the right frame of mine. Be enthusiastic, by joyous and be energetic.
10. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness and the word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
Life is not smooth sailing all the way. It has it’s up and down. Just remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. When you are down, get up, get on and be resilient.
Take action; change your life, chose happiness.