In life it is good to express your affection by saying I love you. However, there are 7 more wonderful ways to show your love:
1. To respect: There is a Chinese saying (相敬如宾) xiang jing ru bin. It means respect each other like a guest. It is a great way and the right way to treat one another because people, just like you, like to be acknowledged courteously and respectfully.
2. To accept: You do not judge others, you accept people as they are. As you know you can’t judge a book by its cover. Get to know the other person better and look for the best in him or her.
3. To understand: To be interested in another person is to get to understand the other person better. Probe deeper into their background, belief and their ambitions and you will get to know the other with a better frame of mind.
4. To recognize: To congratulate and to highlight people’s achievement is to recognize their success. Rejoice with them. Don’t get into the negative attitude of getting jealous or bitter.
5. To care: To care is to be concerned about their well-being. Offer help which you think fit instead for waiting for them to come to you. Act and people will be delighted to know that you do pay attention to them.
6. To give: Giving without conditions is pure love. Giving and expecting returns is an investment. Giving for the sake of giving is selfless and the best you can do for others.
You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. ~Author Unknown
7. To forgive: To love is to forgive and forget. Holding grudges in your heart hurts no one but you. When you truly know the person well, you will understand, forgive and let go.
Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov
It is important to express your love now. You never know how soon is too late. Just do it.