Green is the color of nature, and going green is the current trend. It is to change our lifestyle to protect our natural environment. Nature is not necessary friendly to humans. Here are 7 ways nature is fatal to us:
1. Opium: It is extracted from the immature fruits of the poppy plant. Opium is the dried latex obtained from the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum). The traditional method of obtaining the latex is to scratch ("score") the immature seed pods (fruits) by hand; the latex leaks out and dries to a sticky yellowish residue that is later scraped off. Afghanistan is currently the world's largest opium producer. Afghan opium kills around 100,000 people annually.
2. Morphine: It is made from opium. The first individual alkaloid, morphine, was isolated in 1804 from poppy. Morphine is the most abundant alkaloid found in opium. It is generally 8 to 17 percent of the dry weight of opium. Morphine is a potentially highly addictive substance.
3. Heroin: It is made from morphine. Numerous mechanical and chemical means are used to purify the final product. As of 2004, roughly 87% of the world supply of opium and its derivatives, including heroin, was thought to be produced in Afghanistan. However, production in Mexico has risen six-fold from 2007 to 2011, changing that percentage and placing Mexico as the second largest opium producer in the world.
4. Cocaine: It is extracted from the leaves of coca plant. Colombia is the world's leading producer of cocaine. Cocaine is a powerful nervous system stimulant. Its effects can last from 15–30 minutes to an hour, depending on the route of administration.
5. Cannabis: It is also known as marijuana. It is made from the leaves and dried flowers of the Cannabis sativa plant. Cannabis is a popular recreational drug around the world, only behind alcohol , caffeine and tobacco.
6. Caffeine: In humans, caffeine acts as a central nervous system stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness. It is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive drug, One of the world's primary sources of caffeine is the coffee "bean" (which is the seed of the coffee plant), from which coffee is brewed
7. Nicotine: Nicotine is named after the tobacco plant Nicotiana tabacum. Tobacco is an agricultural product processed from the leaves of plants. According to the American Heart Association, nicotine addiction has historically been one of the hardest addictions to break.
Curse nature if you are addicted and your life is ruined.
Do you like this article? Please stumble it!