Getting ahead in your career begins with your positive mental attitude. Thinking right will motivate you to do the right things and excel in your career. Here are ten positive words to inspire and motivate you at work:
1. Achievement: Are you able to generate more sales than ever before for the company? Is your austerity drive working well and cutting expenses? Are you creating and building a trusted brand for your establishment and getting more “likes” in Facebook? These are some of the achievements to aim for at work.
Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. Advancement : It is necessary to do good work. It is also important to get noticed for what you have done in order to get promoted. Be smart, be noticeable.
Advancement only comes with habitually doing more than you are asked.
~Gary Ryan Blair
3. Challenges: Problems are challenges. Adopt a problem solving attitude. Show others what you can do and earn their respect. Solving problems is the way to show your true worth.
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory
~George S. Patton
4. Change: Be flexible and adaptable to advancements in technology. To embrace changes is to move forward and make Progress. Be alert and learn new things every day.
By changing nothing, nothing changes.
5. Competence: Your technical skills are very important at work. People respect you because you can solve their problems. Your performance is the measurement of your capabilities. Update your skills to stay ahead.
It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t.
~ Martin Van Buren
6. Corporation: Work in tandem with your boss to achieve his goals and objectives.
Inspire your team to get excited about their work. Provide motivation and support to engage them at work. Working smart is getting others to get things done willingly.
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
7. Creativity: It is about getting unique and original ideas to do a job. Doing things differently may be risky but if you don’t try you will be stagnant and make no headway.
Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
~ Mary Lou Cook
8. Decisiveness: When you have come to a decision, take prompt action. Do not worry about making mistakes. You will regret later for not making the move.
If I had to sum up in a word what makes a good manager, I'd say decisiveness. You can use the fanciest computers to gather the numbers, but in the end you have to set a timetable and act.
9. Effectiveness: It is about doing the right thing at the right time. Use a to-do list and do the most important job first thing in the morning. You will get job satisfaction out of your daily accomplishments.
We may be very busy, we may be very efficient, but we will also be truly effective only when we begin with the end in mind
~Stephen R. Covey
10. Efficiency: Simplification is the key at work. Getting things done the quick and easy way is the way to go. Efficiency is about working smart and not hard.
Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.
~Peter F. Drucker