People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh
The world is filled with negativity especially newspapers and negative people. If you are not careful, your life will be affected negatively. How do you insulate yourself from negativity? Here are 10 ways to do it:
1. Change your thoughts: The starting point of negativity is your thoughts. Negative thinking will influence your emotions and actions adversely. The best thing is not to dwell in such thoughts but change quickly to think of your strengths and look at the bright side of things.
2. Exercise: Physical activities send more blood supply and oxygen to your brain. It has a calming effect on you and you will not easily get annoyed by negative events. An effective way is to jog in the great outdoors for fresh air and sunshine.
3. De-clutter at home and in your office: You will be affected negatively by clutter at home and in the office. Tidy up and create more space to attract positive flow of energy.
4. Getting organized: Avoid getting into a stressful situation. It means you are out of control and it will lead to negativity. Plan, organize in advance and live an orderly life. When you are in control, you create self-confidence.
5. Act: Work, get busy and get things done. Taking action is one great way to fight negative feelings.
6. Choose happiness: Life is about making choices. Choose happiness and you choose positivity. Be wise and find happiness in your daily life now because big celebrations are few and far in between.
7. Connect with positive people: Positive people confirm your positive thoughts. They offer encouragement and support wholeheartedly.
8. Gratitude journal: At the end of a day, it is a good way to think and record all the good things that have happened to you. An attitude of appreciation and gratefulness generates a positive perspective in life.
9. Start a new day positively: Start a new day right. Read motivational quotes in the morning and get inspired and start a new day enthusiastically.
10. Focus on your strengths: Focus on what you can do to boost your self-esteem. When you think you can, you will be hopeful and cheerful.
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.