Do you know you are in control of your own happiness?
Check out the following:
1. Health and fitness: It is about self-care and self-love. Happiness is about calmness, energy and alertness. You have to work your body every day to be fit. Eat healthily and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and nourished. Sleep well at night and get up with a fresh mind and body. Feeling good about yourself is one great source of happiness.
2. Personal power: Life is about taking chances, making choices, taking action and working on changes. You have the power to live the way you want and be happy.
3. Creativity: Finding solutions and meeting challenges are some of the happy things in life.
It is satisfying to be resourceful to overcome problems.
4. Positive outlook: Life is about how you react to events. You are optimistic when in the face of difficulties and setbacks; you display resilience, determination and confidence. Happiness is seeing light at the end of the tunnel and looking at the half full glass.
5. Family: Family is the smallest unit of community. If you can’t manage a family you are a failure let alone happiness. You contribute towards the happiness of the family and the family will return to you in more happiness.
6. Purpose in life: Your goals are your purpose in life. It is your passion. It can be your career or a community project. You find meaning in what you do because it is fulfilling and satisfying.
7. Money: it is not the amount that measures your happiness. It is how you spend your money. If you can live within your means you are happy. If you spend more than what you have and get into debt you are miserable.
8. Live in the moment: The greatest joy in life is to live from moment to moment. Focus on what you do and enjoy it like working, eating, having fun or interacting with others. Live fully in the present.
9. Love and kindness: It is a very simple philosophy. Can you be happy when you fill your heart with hatred, jealousy and wanting to get even? When you cannot forgive and forget, the past will be haunting you. Let go of the past, think of goodness and kindness and fill your heart with love. Happiness will be always with you.
10. Simplicity: Counting on what you have brings you happiness. Thinking of what you want for the thing you do not have disturbs your peace of mind. Happiness can be something to do, some people to talk to and simple wants in life like reading, a walk in the park or listen to the falling rain. Live and appreciate a simple life
Are you in control of your own happiness?